Back in Taiwan

Sorry for the delay in posting. Erin went through all the trouble of sending post cards and our lazy butts still have yet to post. Well the trip over was easy. Plane ride went quickly with very little bumps, which is nice on a 14 hour trip. It was Mario’s first long plane ride and he said it was no problem.

Our food safety net.

We arrived almost an hour early on Friday around 5am. Our first taxi ride of the day was an interesting one. Our driver must of been preparing for an F1 race because he was averaging about 100 miles an hour on the way to our hotel. Once we arrived we found out that I had the day off so we could check out the city. We left for the 101 building a little after 8am. Unfortunately for us nothing opens in Taiwan until after 11am. So we decided to head back to the hotel. After hanging out for a bit we went to a shopping area known as Xin Men Din. Better known as the robot area. It is a very cool area known to be a hangout for the younger crowd. It is also the oldest area of Taipei.

The new member of my robot army.

Afterwards we dropped back by the hotel to drop off my shiny new robot. From there it was off to the 101. We checked out the mall and the surrounding shopping areas and then decided it was time to take a nap and then go to Snake Alley that night. We went to sleep at 4pm and woke up at 6am the next morning! No Snake Alley or dinner for us. You never fully realize the effects of jet lag until it hits you like a sack of bricks. Until the next post!

Some huge fish that we saw at the Snake Alley night market the following night.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s